Most of the time someone hears that a ceiling fan is energy-efficient they know that it can help them save money on their electricity bills. They also know that it will be much greener for the environment. But, it is still important to really understand what you should be looking at and comparing when it comes to these ceiling fans.
What Should You Know on Ceiling Fan Efficiency?
The EPA of the United States of America has made it a requirement that the manufacturers of ceiling fans have to give you information related to the performance and energy efficiency of all ceiling fans. You should be able to find a label on the box that is going to break all of this down for you. Then you will be able to decide on the ceiling fan that will be the best for you.
Now, you will want to know how to go about understanding the information that you have access to.
It is relatively easy to understand so that you are able to compare all of the different fans that are out there. On the top section you are going to see the testing speed. This will show you just how fast the fan is going to need to be running in order for it to produce the best results. In order to guarantee that all of the information will be uniform across the different manufacturers they are only required to give statistics from testing at the top speed of the fan.
- Silicon steel DC motor: Silent Motor brings comfortable sleeping, creating a quiet living environment, consistent strong power supply, fully enclosed design.
- Two-way rotation: The reversible control function allows you to switch the direction of the modern ceiling fan from downward airflow during the summer to upward during the cooler winter period to reclaim lost heat from the ceiling and and cutting down on energy costs.
- Remote Control: All operations can be controlled by the remote control, adjust the lighting switch of the ceiling fan (white light - warm light - yellow light), 6 wind speeds, and supports timing (1/2/4/8 hours) sleep shutdown. The fan or illumination can be turned on separately.
- Easy to install: Diameter 52 inches, 2 down-rods: 6 inch and 10 inch, for low and ceiling height, hanging system ensure that the fan is well balanced.
- Applicable Place: 100sq.ft-250sq.ft, living room, bedroom, dining room, office, kitchen, restaurant , etc. We offer 30 days unsatisfied replacement free or return 100% redund service.
Next, you are going to see information on the airflow at cubic feet per minute.
This will be a rating of how much air the fan will be moving around when it is running at the top speed. It will show you just how much air you are going to feel when the fan is running at the top speed. If you are able to get a larger movement of air then you will be able to decrease the energy that you are using for your air conditioner. So, the higher the better.
You will see the amount of electricity that is used will also be given to you. This will be measured in watts. Individuals are going to see that they are not going to use more than 100 watts. This is much better than using an air conditioner.
- TROPICAL CEILING FAN: High quality design featuring a bronze finish with a beautiful, tuscan sand glass bowl light (3 x 40 watt bulbs included).
- HAND-CARVED WOODEN, LEAF BLADES: Each blade is a custom, hand-carved, artisan blades made from basswood ; 12 Degree Blade Pitch
- QUIET REVERSIBLE MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 3 speed, reversible motor that can be run in reverse in the winter to aid in rotating the warm air in the room.
- TRI-MOUNT COMPATIBLE: This ceiling fan can be conveniently mounted with a downrod (4" included), angled mount and close-mount.
- MEDIUM - LARGE SPACES: This fan is perfect for rooms around 350-450 square feet such as living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms or family rooms.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Limited manufacturer's warranty. You'll love this ceiling fan!
- KICK BACK, RELAX & ENJOY: This ceiling fan is ready to take you back to that tropical vacation you never wanted to leave.
Finally, you will see that there will be a rating related to the efficiency of your fan.
This explains the total amount of watts that the fan is going to use and it is measured in cubic feet per minute per watt. The number you see will be a ratio rather than a percentage so there could be times when you are going to be looking at a number that is higher than 100.
Remember, the airflow will be important. It is best to have a fan with a higher motor so that it can be run at a lower speed and you will be using less wattage. This is a wonderful way to save energy in your home.
- MODERN CEILING FAN: The contemporary Dempsey fan comes with LED light covered by cased white glass that will keep home interior current and inspired; Measures 44 x 44 x 11.03 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- UNIVERSAL HANDHELD REMOTE: Adjust the brightness of light and speed of the brushed nickel ceiling fan with ease from anywhere in the room
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is designed to be used in rooms with low ceilings, the low-profile housing fits flush to the ceiling; Ideal fan for bedrooms, living room, kitchen, and lounge