Money can buy almost anything – well, anything except a gust of fresh, cool, and a fragrant wind. When the sweltering summer looms its shadow over us, we scramble to equip ourselves with an air conditioner for a whiff of that cool breeze. But besides the big hole in your pocket, these come to a hefty maintenance and operating cost. It is negligible for the wealthy, but for the budget-conscious, well, necessity is the mother of invention. They must make do with a fan. But why settle for less even on a budget? Check out the tower fan! A unique invention in the world of fans.
A Fan In the Shape of a Tower?
Right! Unlike the ceiling fan, a tower fan is lightweight, sleek, and straight. It looks like a small decorative column that can fit anywhere, even in a small room. It usually comes with a control panel that consists of a timer, an ionizer, a removable HEPA air filter, an LCD / LED, and other bells and whistles as you look higher into the price range.
The base unit is mounted on a stand. It consists of an electric motor as every fan does. But instead of the traditional 3 or more long, horizontal or vertical blades, cooling tower fans have an impeller-blade unit or a ‘crossflow’ fan blade unit on their motors.
So, do we actually get cool air?
Ah, yes. Thinking smart, are we? So how does it cool the air to give us sound sleep? We know that warm or hot air is lighter and cool or cold air is heavier. This means that cool air resides at the floor level and hot air collects at a higher level, at the ceiling. This fan sucks in this cool air and blows it around (as opposed to the ceiling fan which really blows warm air from the top on you!). The electric motor at the base sucks this cooler air in through small vents. Then, it is distributed from either a circular-shaped airfoil or vents at the above the impeller unit to the surrounding area with force. So, yes. You actually get cool air!
Right! Where Do We Install This Thing?
In any corner of your room! The main advantage of this tower fan is you don’t have to adjust your seat or bed as you do under a ceiling fan. Like a ‘pankhawalla’ of an emperor in ancient times, it stands behind in a corner quietly blowing cool air without eavesdropping your conversation.
“Yeah, my air cooler does the same thing.”
‘Course it does. Pedestal fans too, do the same thing. But do you know the annoying thing in both? The noise, people! If you are suffering from a headache, what would you prefer? Fresh, cool air or a constant, excruciatingly buzzing sound? The unique selling point of a tower fan is that it is a much calm and quieter gadget. You do not even have to bother about filling water or ice cubes in it. And its unique, closed silhouette will leave your hair or clothes alone. Like a good, silent worker who does not complain while working. Nice, eh?
Now some tower fans are modified to give you fragrance as well. They have a cartridge that can release scented cool air which gives the effect of a garden right in your home.
It’s safe too, you know?
“I’m still not convinced”
Picture a typical day in your life. You come home, tired, swamped, and sweaty from the scorching summer heat. A calm and sound sleep is in order. Right? With this little wonder in your corner, you just lie down in your bed, pick up the remote and press buttons. That’s it. You can adjust the speed, or set a timer, turn it off, and even control the breeze with the press of a button.
If it has an ionizer and a HEPA filter, it will even purify the air for you. The ionizer emits charged ions that clean the air by attracting dust and other pollutants while the filter traps dust particles and allergens.
So, stop cursing global warming. Keep Cool and Buy a Tower Fan!
Recommended Tower Fans For Energy Efficient
- 【POWER YOU CAN FEEL】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Household Fan produces air flow at 1143 ft./min to keep you cool all day and night; With 3 adjustable speeds and a remote control, this tower fan is perfect for large rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
- 【ICONIC BLADELESS DESIGN】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan has a slim and sturdy design fits beautifully into any home or office décor providing all-day cooling comfort. Portable and easy-to-assemble at only 15.5 lbs, this tower fan has a molded handle.
- 【OPTIMAL WIDESPREAD OSCILLATION】While other fans promote 90 degrees of oscillation, we designed the 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan with the perfect amount of oscillation, taking less time for the fan to oscillate, so you get to feel more of the breeze.
- 【AUTOMATIC TIMER + QUIET NIGHTTIME MODE】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan has a 7.5-hour timer for easy on/off during the day or night; A D31quiet nighttime setting automatically dims the LED and decreases speed so you can sleep peacefully and stay cool.
- 【DESIGNED IN THE USA】Designed and engineered in the USA; Backed by our 1-yr manufacturer’s warranty, Lasko has more than 115 years of American design and manufacturing experience building high-quality, ETL, reliable fans to keep you cool at home.