Ceiling fans are a great way of circulating air around a room and cooling you down, especially in rooms with little ventilation. They are available in many different styles from traditional to contemporary and in various materials and colors. Most of the time they work tirelessly in the background and you don’t even notice they’re there, but every now and again they get out of balance and start to wobble.
The first you’ll know about it is when you notice a whopping or whooshing noise, or you see the blades wobbling. When this happens it’s important to fix the problem as soon as possible as a ceiling fan running at full speed has a lot of inertia and if it wobbles free of its fixing together has the potential to cause serious damage. Fortunately, fixing a wobbly ceiling fan is well within the capability of most people and requires very few tools.
Best Ceiling Fan without Wobble Recommend
- Airflow: 5614cfm.Energy Usage: LED light with 1000 lumen ,24W, LED color temperature will be change to warm white(3000K), cool white(5700K), full light(8700K).
- 155*20mm Silicon steel DC motor delivers ultra-powerful air movement, mute rotation, energy efficient and long service life. ETL certification.
- Remote control. With governing speed ,reverse feature,1/2/4/8 timing function, setting the timer function when you go to sleep and no worried about you will feel too cool at night.
- 17 degree pitch optimized, ABS blades soaking water will not be deformed, moisture-proof, specially designed for patio and damp locations.
- Easy to install and Quick Insertion: Standard Down-rod Assembly 10-Inch and Minimum -Length Down-rod 6-Inch.
How to Check and Fix A Wobbly Ceiling Fan By Yourself?
Reach the ceiling fan
Before you start make sure the fan is switched off and nobody is going to come into the room and turn it on. A little masking tape placed over the switch will ensure it stays off. You’ll need to be able to reach the ceiling fan comfortably and work on it without overstretching.
If the ceiling fan is located over a bed or a table you might be able to utilize these to reach it, if not use a step ladder. Inspect the fan all over to look for any obvious problems.
Things to look for are damage to the blades that might cause an imbalance, gaps between the fan and the ceiling where it’s worked loose, or any obvious missing bolts or screws. Whilst inspecting the fan check how clean the blades are.
A build of grime and dirt on the blades can throw them out of balance and simply cleaning them may stop any wobbling. Once cleaned, try the ceiling fan again to see if the wobble has stopped. If it hasn’t then further investigation is required.
Check if there are loose parts
If there are no obvious signs of damage give the fan a good shake to see if there are any loose parts. Remove the canopy cover from the center of the fan, which should reveal the fixing screws.
Check the fixing screws are all screwed in tightly. They can often work loose as the fan spins. If they are loose then try tightening them up or better still consider replacing them with bigger screws.
Check the blade fixings to make sure the nuts and bolts holding them to the center spindle are secure and also check the spindle itself to ensure the bearings in the motor are in good order.
When checking the blades make sure they’re all in line and at the same angle. If there is a problem with the motor or the bearings in the motor, the center spindle will feel loose and move easily from side to side. Whilst problems with the motor are rare, repairing it is the work of an electrician and it may be difficult to order the spare parts.
It is often more economical to replace the ceiling fan altogether than start repairing the motor. Again, if you have to tighten any nuts bolts or screws check the ceiling fan after each operation to see if the wobble has disappeared. Always test the ceiling fan by starting on a low setting and increasing the speed steadily.
Check the blades
If all the fixings are secure and there are no obvious signs of any problems it may be that one of the blades has become unbalanced. To check this start the ceiling fan at a low speed and observe how it spins.
Look to see if any blade appears to be out of line compared to the rest. Stop the fan and attach a clothes peg to one of the blades about halfway along. Start the fan again at a low speed and observe how the fan spins. Repeat this for all the blades making sure you check both sides of the blade and moving the peg up and down until the wobbling stops.
If you complete this stage carefully it should be easy to see which blade is unbalanced. Once you’ve identified the unbalanced blade use super glue to attach a small coin to the top of the blade where it cannot be seen. Once dry, try the ceiling fan again and if necessary add a further coin.
Non-wobble Ceiling Fan Recommend
- MODERN CEILING FAN: The contemporary Dempsey fan comes with LED light covered by cased white glass that will keep home interior current and inspired; Measures 44 x 44 x 11.03 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- UNIVERSAL HANDHELD REMOTE: Adjust the brightness of light and speed of the white ceiling fan with ease from anywhere in the room
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is designed to be used in rooms with low ceilings, the low-profile housing fits flush to the ceiling; Ideal fan for living room, lounge, bedroom, children's room and nursery
- Limited lifetime motor warranty is backed by the only company with over 126 years in the fan business. Airflow Efficiency: 69 cubic feet per minute per watt
- CLASSIC CEILING FAN: The traditional Builder Deluxe fan comes with LED light covered by toffee glass that will keep home interior inspired; Measures 52 x 52 x 16.77 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind delivers ultra-powerful airflow fan with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- LED BOWL LIGHT KIT: Energy-efficient dimmable LED light bulbs let you control the lighting and ambiance of the living space; The long lasting bulbs have longer lifespan than traditional bulbs
- PULL CHAIN CONTROL: Turn the bronze ceiling fan on/off and adjust the speed quickly and easily with the pull chain
- ROOM PLACEMENT: Indoor fan is height adjustable, via the included 2" & 3" downrods, to ensure proper distance from the ceiling and optimize air movement; Ideal fan for living room, lounge, and bedrooms
- LARGE CONTEMPORARY: Elevate your space with a brand new fan! The Honeywell Xerxes boasts a bold body and dual-finish fan blades which quickly enable you to pick the style that best fits your specific space.
- INTEGRATED LED: Power to light up a room but also dimmable! Ample, fully-integrated LED board. This ceiling fan is 1400 lumens, 18 watts. The beam angle is 120 degrees, 2700k color temperature and dimmable 10% to 100%
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED: Controlling your fan has never been easier! The 3 speed settings of your fan as well as the light output all from the convenience of an easy-to-use remote control (included). Also compatible with Google Home and Alex with a Bond Home (sold separately). Batteries included
- CONVENIENTLY QUIET: Reversible, 3 speed - powerful motor. The reverse air flow feature allows you to quickly change the direction of the fan, for a proper distribution of air. Hanging has never been easier! Enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan
- TRI-MOUNT COMPATIBLE: Hanging has never been easier! Enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan. This fan can be hung low profile where more walk-through space is required, standard with a 4” downrod (included) or on angled ceilings (angle bracket sold separately)
- MEASUREMENTS: This ceiling fan, if hung standard (with downrod) measures 14.33 inches from ceiling to bottom of light fixture. The blade span is 62” and is best suited for larger spaces such as living rooms, bedrooms and large common areas
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: Limited Lifetime
- Integrated matte opal glass light kit includes one 18-watt LED bulb for energy-efficient illumination. 44-in fan provides airflow up to 2,069-CFM, so it’s great for small rooms up to 100-sq ft 3 fan speeds allow you to maintain your ideal comfort level.