Choosing the right ceiling fan is dependent on more than one variable. For example, you’ll want to make sure that the fan you choose complements the décor of the room. You may also want to make sure that any fan you choose is powerful enough to get the job done and finally you need to make sure that the fan is the right size. The last thing you want is a ceiling fan that is so big that it completely overpowers the room or a fan that is so small that it looks silly and doesn’t provide adequate airflow coverage, therefore knowing how to measure ceiling fan size is a useful skill.
Ways of Measure Ceiling Fan Size
Ceiling Fan Sizing
The blade size of a ceiling fan also referred to as the sweep. When a fan has an odd number of blades this is determined by measuring the distance from the tip of one blade to the center of the motor and then doubling that number, when a fan has an even number of blades that you can simply measure the distance from the tip of one blade to the tip of its opposing blade.
Measuring Room Size
Knowing how big the fan you want is but not knowing how big your room. it won’t actually be that helpful, so you need to also measure the dimensions of your room. The easiest and most standard way to do this is to present the measurements in square feet. In order to get this number, you will need to measure the width of the room from the furthest point on one side to the furthest point on the other. You will then need to measure the length of the room. Once you have these numbers all you need to do is multiply them together to get your square footage.
What Does This Mean?
So you know the sweep of the ceiling fan you want and you have the square footage of your room, but what do you do now? Well, there is a simple rule to follow; small fan small room, large fan large room. If you’re still not completely sure then you should easily be able to find a chart that can detail the fan size you need based on the room size, and you can also work out how high you need to hang the fan based on your ceiling height.
- Keep Cool With The Correct Ceiling Fan Size — For ultimate performance, choose the best ceiling fan size for your room; This 52-in ceiling fan is ideal for medium to areas up to 400 sq. ft. such as living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms & more
- Artisan Wooden, Leaf Blades — Blades are hand-carved from solid wood; Royal Palm 5-blade fan provides ultimate airflow; These fan blades deliver maximum circulation at high speed; 12-degree blade pitch
- Tri-Mount Hanging Options — A multi-position fan with 3 hanging options; Standard option includes a 4-in downrod; Closemount option is for maximum head room; Angled option allows for hanging on vaulted ceilings with a long downrod (sold separately)
- Crafted With High-Quality Material — The high-capacity motor delivers powerful airflow & quiet performance for years to come; This durable & modern ceiling fan is designed for long lasting comfort; ETL listed
- Reversible Fan For All Seasons — Improves air circulation in winter & summer; During summer, this ceiling fan optimizes airflow to enhance comfort; During winter, change the direction to evenly distribute warm air on low speed
- A Ceiling Fan For Indoor Rooms —This room fan is perfect for your living room, kitchen, bedrooms, or dens where increased airflow can make a room more comfortable
- Pull Chain Control — Control your Honeywell ceiling fan with 2 pull chains; 1 chain operates the fan’s 3 speeds while the other turns the light kit on & off; Convenient in areas where remote controls are easily lost
- Ceiling Fan With Light — Easily control your fan light with the convenient pull chain; LED bulbs (included) are energy-efficient & longer lasting; Includes a Tuscan Sand glass globe with integrated light kit
- Honeywell Ceiling Fans Customer Promise — As a superior quality ceiling fan, the manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty; Honeywell ceiling fans come with easy-to-follow instructions. Carved Wood Blades