All materials have a shelf life and do need to be replaced or repaired – including your ceiling fan.
Here is the thing with your ceiling fan purchase – more expensive products have parts that are more difficult to find. With their quality and production made to very high standards, you cannot find them everywhere.
The odds of finding replacements, in many ways, depends on the product quality itself.
The Top Tips to Help You Get the Replacement Part You Need
No need to waste time looking through a whole bulk when you know exactly what you need and where and how to find it. Here are some tips that could make the job of finding ceiling fan replacements easier and faster.
Check Your Model Number
Before buying any replacement parts for any ceiling fan it is important to note the model number, as each of these is made differently.
Even if two models look and work alike, they may not have the same working calibration.
In most cases, down-rods and fan blade holes are manufactured very differently from one another.
Know What You Need
The most commonly required replacements are for blades, blade holders, light kits, and pull-chain switches.
These parts are also not the easiest to find to match exactly that of the product. It is always advised to invest higher quality fans to ensure genuine replacements.
Blades and Blade Holders:
Blades and blade holders can be bought in sets or multi-packs. While you may not need them all at once, they are pretty useful for multiple breakages – but not so convenient if you only need a single piece for replacement.
- Easily replace worn or broken fan blades on your existing outdoor fan with this convenient five piece set
- Durable weatherproof blades can withstand the outdoor elements
- Replacement fan blades are compatible with most 52-inch fans
- Dimensions as shown in Figure-1; A - fan blade outer holes 3-15/16-inches; B - fan blade outer hole to center hole 2-3/4-inches
- Pre-drilled holes fit most fans, also includes instructions to custom fit where needed
Ceiling Fan Lights:
The ceiling lights are very difficult to find as well. One that matches perfectly with a particular fan is always hard. The configuration and settings to each of these fans are different and usually, the lights don’t fit if not from the same model.
A good ceiling fan manufacturer will always have multiple types of lights that can be fitted into most fans.
A good consultation on your preferred criteria would be a good idea. It is good to invest in a good fan so that the replacement facilities given are useful.
- Indoor 48-inch vintage-style ceiling fan is ideal for large rooms up to 225 square feet (15 feet by 15 feet) with standard ceilings
- Barnwood finish fan with reversible blades in reclaimed hickory/pewter ash finishes, light kit includes three medium base ST15 filament LED light bulbs
- Remote control included for convenient operation, four speed control, on/off function for fan and on/off/dimmer for light
- High-quality motor delivers powerful air movement and quiet performance, reverse function for summer/winter operation
- Down rod only installation, illustrated instruction manual included, Lifetime motor and two-year on all other parts
Pull Chain Switches:
The pull chain switches that control the speed of the fan need a lot of work to be replaced. It is not an easy operation and requires an expert to bring the whole fan apart and fix the switch according to its individual calibration.
A pull chain switch that needs to be replaced first needs to be inspected of what kind it is and find one that exactly matches that of the fan. The internal working of the switch is complicated and does the exact working cannot be determined from the outside. If you have one that needs to be replaced, consult a specialist, and get the exact one required /after the examination.
- Zing Ear Ceiling Fan Switch 3 speed 4 wire pull chain replacment: Model ZE-268S6.
- 3 Speed control: high, medium, low ; Function: off, L-1, L-2-3, L-3
- Ceiling Fan Parts Certifications: UL approved (USA) - CSA certified (Canada).
- ZE-268S6 Ceiling Fan Switch Electrical Rating: 6A/125VAC - 3A/253VAC.
- Perfect for home applications such as Ceiling Fans, Wall Lamps, Cabinet Light. Works in Hunter, Casablanca, Harbor Breeze, Hampton Bay and so on
Why Should You Go In for Ceiling Fan Replacement
Home appliances are very important for our everyday work. It is better to invest in high-end products especially for ones that are regularly used in order for it to function for a long time without breaking down all the time.
Cheaper products need replacements and a completely new buy more often than high ranged ones. The replacements are sometimes impossible to find and you land up spending more.
Ceiling fans are one of the most widely used appliances on a daily basis. It is smarter to buy one that lasts long and its parts are sturdy, durable, and reliable. Worried about how to find the right product, still? Just consult an expert first!