For some people, wiring a ceiling fan is something that they would not want to get close to. You will be amazed by just how you could benefit from doing the work yourself. Depending on the type of fan you got, it would depend on how complex or easy it would be to wire it. In most cases, the manufacturer would send you the fan with an instruction manual on how to install the model. Simply follow the instructions and you should be done in less time.
- LARGE CONTEMPORARY: Elevate your space with a brand new fan. The Honeywell Xerxes boasts a bold body and dual-finish fan blades which quickly enable you to pick the style that best fits your specific space.
- INTEGRATED LED: Power to light up a room but also dimmable. Ample, fully-integrated LED board. This ceiling fan is 1400 lumens, 18 watts. The beam angle is 120 degrees, 2700k color temperature and dimmable 10% to 100%
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED: Controlling your fan has never been easier. The 3 speed settings of your fan as well as the light output all from the convenience of an easy-to-use remote control (included). Also compatible with Google Home and Alex with a Bond Home (sold separately). Batteries included
- CONVENIENTLY QUIET: Reversible, 3 speed - powerful motor. The reverse air flow feature allows you to quickly change the direction of the fan, for a proper distribution of air. Hanging has never been easier. Enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan
- DUAL-MOUNT COMPATIBLE: Hanging has never been easier. Enjoy the dynamic hanging capabilities of a multi-position ceiling fan. This fan can be hung standard with a 4” downrod (included) or on angled ceilings (angle bracket sold separately)
- MEASUREMENTS: This ceiling fan, if hung standard (with downrod) measures 14.33 inches from ceiling to bottom of light fixture. The blade span is 62” and is best suited for larger spaces such as living rooms, bedrooms and large common areas
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: Limited Lifetime
- Keep Cool With The Correct Ceiling Fan Size — For ultimate performance, choose the best ceiling fan size for your room; This 52-in ceiling fan is ideal for medium to large rooms up to 400 sq. ft. such as bedrooms, dens, dining rooms, & more
- Modern Blades to Suit Your Home — The Carnegie 5-blade fan provides ultimate airflow; These fan blades deliver maximum circulation at high speed; Blades have an industrial look & feel
- Dual-Mount Hanging Options — A multi-position fan with 2 hanging options; Standard option offers a 4-in downrod (included); Angle option allows for hanging on vaulted ceilings with a longer downrod (sold separately)
- Crafted With High-Quality Material — The high-capacity motor delivers powerful airflow & quiet performance for years to come; This durable & modern ceiling fan is designed for long lasting comfort; ETL listed
- Reversible Fan For All Seasons — Improves air circulation in winter & summer; During summer, this ceiling fan optimizes airflow to enhance comfort; During winter, change the direction to evenly distribute warm air on low speed
- A Ceiling Fan For Indoor Rooms —This room fan is perfect for your living room, kitchen, bedrooms, or dens where increased airflow can make a room more comfortable
- Remote Control Convenience — Control your Honeywell ceiling fan with the touch of a button; Adjust fan speed & light from the convenience of the remote control (batteries included); Comes with wall mount to hold your remote, for easy access
- Ceiling Fan With Light — Control your fan light with the remote control; Easily turn the light on or off from anywhere in the room; Edison style LED bulbs (included) are energy-efficient & longer lasting; Dimmable from 20% to 100%
- Modern Dual-Finish Blades — This fan’s industrial design will suit your home’s decor & comes with a different finish on each side of the blades; Choose between Rough Pine & Chestnut; Pick the finish that best fits your space
- Honeywell Ceiling Fans Customer Promise — As a superior quality ceiling fan, the manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty; Honeywell ceiling fans come with easy-to-follow instructions
- Wire cutter
- Circuit tester
- Ceiling fan
- Electrical tape
- Work gloves
- Eye protection
- Adjustable wrench
Detailed Procedures on Wiring a Ceiling Fan
1. Start by turning off the power to the existing fan or light.
This is a precaution so that you do not end up being electrocuted. By using a circuit tester, you can easily verify if the power is turned off. For the case of dual switching, make sure that both the one that controls the light and the one for the fan are both off.
2. Proceed to disconnect the wires then remove the existing future.
You can have an assistant to help with catching some of the fixtures as you get them from the location.
3. You now need to check if the electrical box you have in the ceiling can power the ceiling fan.
This is when you have removed a light fixture from the ceiling. If it was a ceiling, then it should be an easy job of just swapping. If you are unsure of the electrical box, then it is time that you chose to install a new one that would also support the weight of the new fan.
4. For those installing a new electrical box, make sure that it is fastened tightly on the wood brace so that it does not move when the fan is turned on.
The next thing would now be installing the new ceiling fan into position with the electrical box installed.
5. Depending on the type of fan, it would come with the schematic diagram on wiring the fan.
Make sure that you follow the color coding and connecting the wires correctly. With the wires connected, then it is time to mount the ceiling fan into its position.
6. Remember that the connection might also vary depending on whether you are using two switches or one for both the light and fan.
Make sure that there are no bare wires left hanging.
7. With the fan and lights installed, it is time to test it.
If you notice some wobbling, then you have to balance the fan. It is often tightening or loosening the screws to get it running right. You should good to go at this point.
Just like that, the wiring process is done. The key is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions always. They would help you easily get the fan working correctly at all times.
- CLASSIC CEILING FAN: The traditional ceiling fan comes with snow white blades that will keep home interior inspired; Measures 44 x 44 x 8.8 Inch
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: Whisper Wind motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance; Change the direction from downdraft mode during the summer to updraft mode during the winter
- PULL CHAIN CONTROL: Turn the white ceiling fan on,off and adjust the speed quickly and easily with the pull chain
- DESIGN: This contemporary ceiling fan features beautifully contoured blades that also serve a purpose, virtually silencing the wind noise found in traditional fan designs.
- INCLUDED: One RC600 - Six-speed hand-held remote with full-range light dimming, Reverse functionality, 16W LED light kit and One 6-Inch Downrod
- MOTOR: Conveniently quiet, 6 speed - reversible DC motor. Run Summer and Winter to aid in rotating air and cutting down on energy costs.
- DIMENSIONS: Measures 13'' from the ceiling to the lowest point of the fan. This Contemporary Style Ceiling Fan has a blade sweep diameter of 60'' with variable Blade Pitch
- ADDITIONAL: WC600 wall control & a variety of downrod sizes are also available (each sold seperately)
- Transitional Indoor 52-inch LED ceiling fan with light is ideal for great rooms up to 400 square feet (20 feet by 20 feet)
- Matte black fan finish with reversible black and black marble finish blades, integrated 16-watt dimmable LED light kit with frosted glass shade, no bulbs required
- High-quality motor delivers powerful air movement and quiet performance, reverse function for summer/winter operation
- Fan Performance on High Speed Airflow: 3589 CFM, Energy Usage: 63 W without lights, Airflow Efficiency: 57 CFM/W
- Lifetime motor and two-year on all other parts