As part of maintenance, cleaning of your tower fan is important. It is possible that after a while, you would get dirt accumulating on the fan making it impossible for it to work efficiently. It is not just the dirt you see, but also internal parts might be affected too. A dirty fan would tend to work a lot harder, thus reducing the lifespan of the motor greatly.
Best Easy-to-Clean Tower Fan
- ✅【POWER YOU CAN FEEL】The 48" Lasko Tower Fan has 3-speeds to keep you cool all day and night. This tower fan is perfect for large rooms, bedrooms, and offices. The remote control features 5 buttons: on/off, timer, speed, oscillation, and ionizer setting
- ✅【BLADELESS DESIGN】With a slim, sturdy, bladeless design, the 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan fits beautifully into your home and provides cooling comfort. This lightweight fan is easy to assemble, and the carry handle makes it simple to pick up and move
- ✅【AUTOMATIC TIMER AND IONIZER】The 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan offers a 7.5-hour timer for easy on/off through the day or night. The fresh air ionizer option generates negative ions and disperses them to combat and dispel air pollution.
- ✅【OPTIMAL OSCILLATION】While other fans promote a full 90 degrees oscillation, we designed the 42" Lasko Wind Curve Tower Fan with 60 degrees of oscillation to ensure you feel more of the breeze so you're not waiting longer for the fan to come back around
- ✅【SAFETY FIRST】This fan is ETL listed and is equipped with the Lasko trusted safety fuse technology; THE BLUE Plug is designed to cut off electric current to the fan if it detects a potentially hazardous electrical fault in the motor or power supply
As part of cleaning, you would need to bring down the tower oscillating fan and open it up. This means that you would need some essential tools to get the cleaning done. Below are the tools you will need for the process.
- Paper towel
- Cleaning brush
- An air compressor
- Protective mask
Disassemble the fan
Find a place to work on the cooling tower fan away from the kids. The protective mask is important for keeping the dirt getting into your lungs during the cleaning process.
Start by removing the plastic made of the fan to make it easier for the cleaning process. Proceed to remove the screws at the rear of the fan. These screws should be easy to undo in most cases. Remove the panels carefully marking where each goes. If the rear panel is not coming out, you need to for any hidden screws concealed by plastic tabs.
With all screws removed, most of the parts would be just held by a few clips or latches. Simply dislodge them and open up the panels. Use just enough force so that you do not end up breaking the clips.
- 3 DIFFERENT SETTINGS: Customers can enjoy STRONG - NATURAL or SLEEP speed variations of airflow to satisfy your desired cooling needs with one touch.
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION: The user-friendly top mounted control panel with bright LED light indicators features different speed settings, fan modes, turns oscillation on/off, and a convenient programmable automatic timer which gives you undisturbed sleep and saves energy.
- CONVENIENCE at FINGERTIPS: Adjusting your fan settings from a distance of up to 16 feet or to power the unit on or off at the touch of a button, no matter where you are in the room.
- WIDE ANGLE COOLING: 50cm air outlet with 90°silent oscillation along with the 15-hour programmable timer takes the experience to a completely new level. Plus, a rear handle makes it much easier to relocate.
- SPACE SAVING TOWER DESIGN: this lightweight fan is ideal for the bedroom, kitchen, livingroom and home office. Plus a fused safety plug to prevent damage from over-voltage and power surges
- MANUFACTURER : Pelonis offers a 1-year manufacturer with your purchase of any of our product.
Cleaning the cage and vents
The best way to clean the tower fan would be using an air compressor. It is the best tool as it will blow away all the dirt and dust leaving you with a clean fan that works great. You can move the parts out of the enclosed area before blowing so that most of the dust and dirt would be blown without creating a dust cloud in the room.
If there is still some dirt or dust after blowing, use a soft brush to remove the hardened dirt. Give it a thorough sweep which should leave you with a clean fan. It is possible to also use a damp cloth to clean up the parts so that you remove all the dirt. Leave the parts to dry before reassembling them.
- 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds: Provide smooth, consistent air flow. The unique space saver design and quiet operation make this fan ideal for a child's room bedroom, or home office.
- Widespread Oscillation: Allows you to direct airflow where you need. Turn on oscillation and the fan will gently direct air side to side, allowing the air to distribute and cool the room.
- Built-in Timer: Automatically shuts the fan off after the selected time. Choose from 1 hour to 7 hours in 1 hour increments. The LED display conveniently displays the number of hours the timer is set for.
- Wireless Remote Control: Make this fan well suited for the bedroom or home office. The remote allows you to control oscillation, fan speed, the built-in timer or turn the fan or night light on or off.
- Simple Base Assembly: Allows you to take the fan out of the box and assemble it in minutes. Simply connect the 2 pieces of the base to the fan, plug it in, and start enjoying a cooling breeze. CFM: 239
Cleaning the motor
The motor also needs some cleaning so that it does not work too hard to fan the room. Blow it with an air compressor to remove the dirt. With the dirt removed, it is time to lubricate the parts. Make sure that you get to lubricate the parts well so that there is less friction. With friction to a minimum, the fan would stay for longer giving you that cool breeze you always like.
- 【2023 New Detachable Design】This portable fan is designed to provide convenience during your outdoor adventures. Kopbeau battery operated fan comes with 2 x 10000mAh rechargeable batteries that can be detached and used as power banks to charge other devices, such as smartphones or tablets. With this small but high capacity battery, this ventilador portatil features a high-quality rechargeable battery that provides long-lasting power.
- 【Fast Charging & Saving Time】That's right! You can charge two batteries simultaneously which saves time and ensures that you always have a fully charged backup battery. The batteries can be fully charged in as little as 4~5 hours, which is relatively fast than other outdoor camping tent fan. You will enjoy up to 86hrs or more if your batteries are fully charged. This is especially useful when you're away from a power source for an extended period and need to rely on the fan to keep you cool and comfortable.
- 【Stay Cool Wherever You Go】The battery powered fan is designed to produce a powerful airflow, With a maximum speed and an airflow rate of 2950 RFM, this makes it a highly effective tool for keeping you cool and comfortable during hot summer days or in stuffy indoor environments.The fan's powerful airflow, combined with its portable and cordless design, makes it an excellent camping accessories for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, or picnic.
- 【Sturdy & Anti-Drop】 With the sturdy and durable ABS material, it featuring a sturdy and anti-drop design, this ventilador portatil recargable is built to last and can handle rough terrain and accidental drops. Whether you're camping in the wilderness or spending a day at the beach, you can trust that this fan will be able to keep up with you every step of the way. Just stay cool and comfortable on your next camping trip with our KopBeau battery operated camping fan!
- 【Multifunctional for Outdoor/Indoor】The cordless camping fan is designed to be highly portable and versatile. With a convenient handle and a 360° hanging hook that makes it easy to carry or hang the fan wherever you need it. The fan also comes with three levels of LED light, which can be used to provide additional illumination in dark environments such as tents or cabins.
Assembling the fan
Now that the fan has been cleaned to your satisfaction, you should start the process of putting it back together. Proceed to assemble the motor parts and proceed to the outer housing. With everything assembled, you should be ready to start the fan.
The cleaning process of a tower fan is fairly easy. You should no reason why your fan is not working properly when cleaning could only take a few minutes. Make sure to clean more often as a way of doing proper maintenance to the fan.