As part of maintenance, cleaning of your tower fan is important. It is possible that after a while, you would get dirt accumulating on the fan making it impossible for it to work efficiently. It is not just the dirt you see, but also internal parts might be affected too. A dirty fan would tend to work a lot harder, thus reducing the lifespan of the motor greatly.
Best Easy-to-Clean Tower Fan
- 【Beat the Heat】If you live in the heat with no central air, or your window AC units do a poor job of moving air around your whole house or apartment, this stand up fan creates excellent air flow making you feel cooler. Comes with built-in carry handle, optional oscillation and a handy remote for when you don’t feel like getting up to change the settings.
- 【Very Quiet】Powered by 3 speed settings H/M/L, fan creates a powerful breeze, but even on H, you can still hear the TV. If you need white noise to sleep, this tower fan is perfectly sized to aim over a high bed and creates a soothing purr that drowns out bedroom noises making it easy to fall asleep. Energy efficient auto-off timer can be set from 0.5 to 7.5 hours.
- 【Fresher Air Ionizer】The built-in Ionizer disperses millions of negative ions into the air that bond with positively charged ions which includes things like dust, bacteria, pollen, smoke and other allergens. Once the bond is formed, the particles become heavier and fall to the ground. As the negative ion levels grow in the room, the air feels naturally fresher.
- 【A Real Space Saver】Standing 41.8” tall with a small 13” x 13” footprint, the sleek, vertical design of this tower fan optimizes floor space letting you to put the tower fan in places where pedestal & box fans won’t fit, without sacrificing air circulation, comfort or style. Ideal for the dorm, kitchen, living room, RV and home office.
- 【Designed for Safety】Lasko has been making high-quality fans designed to enhance home and workplace comfort for more than 100 years; this fan is ETL listed and comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty
As part of cleaning, you would need to bring down the tower oscillating fan and open it up. This means that you would need some essential tools to get the cleaning done. Below are the tools you will need for the process.
- Paper towel
- Cleaning brush
- An air compressor
- Protective mask
Disassemble the fan
Find a place to work on the cooling tower fan away from the kids. The protective mask is important for keeping the dirt getting into your lungs during the cleaning process.
Start by removing the plastic made of the fan to make it easier for the cleaning process. Proceed to remove the screws at the rear of the fan. These screws should be easy to undo in most cases. Remove the panels carefully marking where each goes. If the rear panel is not coming out, you need to for any hidden screws concealed by plastic tabs.
With all screws removed, most of the parts would be just held by a few clips or latches. Simply dislodge them and open up the panels. Use just enough force so that you do not end up breaking the clips.
- 3 DIFFERENT SETTINGS: Customers can enjoy STRONG - NATURAL or SLEEP speed variations of airflow to satisfy your desired cooling needs with one touch.
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION: The user-friendly top mounted control panel with bright LED light indicators features different speed settings, fan modes, turns oscillation on/off, and a convenient programmable automatic timer which gives you undisturbed sleep and saves energy.
- CONVENIENCE at FINGERTIPS: Adjusting your fan settings from a distance of up to 16 feet or to power the unit on or off at the touch of a button, no matter where you are in the room.
- WIDE ANGLE COOLING: 50cm air outlet with 90°silent oscillation along with the 15-hour programmable timer takes the experience to a completely new level. Plus, a rear handle makes it much easier to relocate.
- SPACE SAVING TOWER DESIGN: this lightweight fan is ideal for the bedroom, kitchen, livingroom and home office. Plus a fused safety plug to prevent damage from over-voltage and power surges
- MANUFACTURER : Pelonis offers a 1-year manufacturer with your purchase of any of our product.
Cleaning the cage and vents
The best way to clean the tower fan would be using an air compressor. It is the best tool as it will blow away all the dirt and dust leaving you with a clean fan that works great. You can move the parts out of the enclosed area before blowing so that most of the dust and dirt would be blown without creating a dust cloud in the room.
If there is still some dirt or dust after blowing, use a soft brush to remove the hardened dirt. Give it a thorough sweep which should leave you with a clean fan. It is possible to also use a damp cloth to clean up the parts so that you remove all the dirt. Leave the parts to dry before reassembling them.
- 3 Whisper Quiet Speeds: Provide smooth, consistent air flow. The unique space saver design and quiet operation make this fan ideal for a child's room bedroom, or home office.
- Widespread Oscillation: Allows you to direct airflow where you need. Turn on oscillation and the fan will gently direct air side to side, allowing the air to distribute and cool the room.
- Built-in Timer: Automatically shuts the fan off after the selected time. Choose from 1 hour to 7 hours in 1 hour increments. The LED display conveniently displays the number of hours the timer is set for.
- Wireless Remote Control: Make this fan well suited for the bedroom or home office. The remote allows you to control oscillation, fan speed, the built-in timer or turn the fan or night light on or off.
- Simple Base Assembly: Allows you to take the fan out of the box and assemble it in minutes. Simply connect the 2 pieces of the base to the fan, plug it in, and start enjoying a cooling breeze. CFM: 239
Cleaning the motor
The motor also needs some cleaning so that it does not work too hard to fan the room. Blow it with an air compressor to remove the dirt. With the dirt removed, it is time to lubricate the parts. Make sure that you get to lubricate the parts well so that there is less friction. With friction to a minimum, the fan would stay for longer giving you that cool breeze you always like.
- INNOVATIVE TOWER FAN powered by a sturdy 3 Speed Fan. Modes include Normal, Natural, and Sleep. Gives you cooling, comfortable air flow on even the scorcher days. Sleep better all summer long.
- CONVENIENT REMOTE CONTROL lets you adjust the fan for perfection without getting up. Built-in timer automatically turns electric fan on & off for up to 7.5 hour sessions. Great for turning off while sleeping or turning on while at work.
- PLENTY OF POWER to cool the entire family. Wide oscillating angle sends a cool breeze all through your home. You will get lots of compliments from family and friends who notice how much more comfortable they feel. This new electric tower fan also built-in handle for easy carry.
- COMPACT SAVES SPACE. The smart tower design takes up far less space than other fans. Elevates fan for better cooling. Will fit nicely in a corner or next to a window for maximum air flow.
- ENHANCED SAFETY with the steady stand base that resists falling or tripping. That's often a problem with other traditional electric fans. This is the preferred tower fan design for safe use around children and pets.
Assembling the fan
Now that the fan has been cleaned to your satisfaction, you should start the process of putting it back together. Proceed to assemble the motor parts and proceed to the outer housing. With everything assembled, you should be ready to start the fan.
The cleaning process of a tower fan is fairly easy. You should no reason why your fan is not working properly when cleaning could only take a few minutes. Make sure to clean more often as a way of doing proper maintenance to the fan.